John Milton, The Poetical Works of John Milton 
The Poetical Works of John Milton, edited after the Original Texts by the Rev. H.C. Beeching M.A. (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1900).
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||1.33 MB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||1.33 MB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF small||9.59 MB|
This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|Facsimile PDF||18.8 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
A version compatible with Kindle (Mobi format).
|EBook PDF||1.57 MB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
About this title:
A modern edition of the major poems of Milton. It contains the shorter poems, Paradise Lost and Regained, and Samson Agonistes.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The text is in the public domain.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- Miscellaneous Poems.
- On the Morning of Christs Nativity.
- The Hymn.
- A Paraphrase On Psalm 114.
- Psalm 136.
- The Passion.
- On Time.
- Upon the Circumcision.
- At a Solemn Musick.
- An Epitaph On the Marchioness of Winchester.
- Song On May Morning
- Another On the Same.
- Il Penseroso.
- A Maske Presented At Ludlow Castle, 1634: On Michaelmasse Night, Before the Right Honorable, Iohn Earle of Bridgewater, Vicount Brackly, Lord Præsident of Wales, and One of His Maiesties Most Honorable Privie Counsell.
- Poems Added In the 1673 Edition.
- Anno Aetatis 17. On the Death of a Fair Infant Dying of a Cough.
- Anno Aetatis 19. At a Vacation Exercise In the Colledge, Part Latin, Part English. the Latin Speeches Ended, the English Thus Began.
- The Fifth Ode of Horace. Lib. I.
- On the New Forcers of Conscience Under the Long Parliament.
- On the Lord Gen. Fairfax At the Seige of Colchester.
- To the Lord Generall Cromwell May 1652.
- To S R Henry Vane the Younger.
- To Mr. Cyriack Skinner Upon His Blindness.
- Psal. I. Done Into Verse, 1653.
- April, 1648. J. M. Nine of the Psalms Done Into Metre, Wherein All But What Is In a Different Character, Are the Very Words of the Text, Translated From the Original.
- Passages From Prose Writings.
- A Collection of Passages Translated In the Prose Writings.
- Joanni Miltoni
- Elegiarum Liber Primus.
- Sylvarum Liber.
- Paradise Lost.
- Book I.
- Book II.
- Book III.
- Book IV.
- Book V.
- Book VI.
- Book VII.
- Book VIII.
- Book IX.
- Book X.
- Book XI.
- Book XII.
- Paradise Regaind. a Poem.
- The First Book.
- The Second Book.
- The Third Book.
- The Fourth Book.
- Samson Agonistes, a Dramatic Poem.
- ( a ): Specimen of Milton’s Spelling, From the Cambridge Autograph Manuscript.
- ( B ): Note of a Few Readings In the Same Manuscript.
- ( C ) Erratum