Karl Marx, Capital: A Critique of Political Economy. Volume II: The Process of Circulation of Capital 
Capital: A Critique of Political Economy. Volume II: The Process of Circulation of Capital, by Karl Marx. Ed. Federick Engels. Trans. from the 2nd German edition by Ernest Untermann (Chicago: Charles H. Kerr and Co., 1910).
This Title Is Available In The Following Formats:
|HTML||1.36 MB||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.|
|HTML by Chapter||(varies)||View this title one chapter at a time.|
|Simplified HTML||1.36 MB||This layout is optimized for screen readers and other assistive devices for the visually impaired.|
|Facsimile PDF||27.3 MB|
This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
|Facsimile PDF small||8.06 MB|
This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.
A version compatible with Kindle (Mobi format).
|EBook PDF||1.27 MB|
This text-based PDF or EBook was created from the HTML version of this book and is part of the Portable Library of Liberty.
About this title:
Vol. II of the major work of criticism of the capitalist system by one of the leading theorists of 19th century socialism. Only vol. 1 appeared in Marx’s lifetime; the other two vols. were published postumously by Engels. Marx prided himself on having discovered the “laws” which governed the operation of the capitalist system, laws which would inevitably lead to its collapse.
About Liberty Fund:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals.
The text is in the public domain.
Fair use statement:
This material is put online to further the educational goals of Liberty Fund, Inc. Unless otherwise stated in the Copyright Information section above, this material may be used freely for educational and academic purposes. It may not be used in any way for profit.
- Preface By Friedrich Engels
- Translator's Note.
- Volume II. the Process of Circulation of Capital.
- Book II. the Circulation of Capital.
- Part I the Metamorphoses of Capital and Their Cycles.
- Part I, Chapter I the Circulation of Money-capital.
- Part I, Chapter Ii the Rotation of Productive Capital.
- Part I, Chapter Iii the Circulation of Commodity-capital.
- Part I, Chapter Iv the Three Diagrams of the Process of Circulation.
- Part I, Chapter V the Time of Circulation.
- Part I, Chapter Vi the Expenses of Circulation.
- Part Ii the Turn-over of Capital.
- Part Ii, Chapter Vii the Period and Number of Turn-overs.
- Part Ii, Chapter Viii Fixed Capital and Circulating Capital.
- Part Ii, Chapter Ix the Total Turn-over of Advanced Capital. Cycles of Turn-over.
- Part Ii, Chapter X Theories of Fixed and Circulating Capital, the Physiocrats and Adam Smith.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xi Theories of Fixed and Circulating Capital. Ricardo.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xii the Working Period.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xiii the Time of Production.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xiv the Time of Circulation.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xv Influence of the Time of Circulation On the Magnitude of an Advance of Capital.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xvi the Turn-over of the Variable Capital.
- Part Ii, Chapter Xvii the Circulation of Surplus-value.
- Part III. the Reproduction and Circulation of the Aggregate Social Capital.
- Part Iii, Chapter XVIII. 35 Introduction.
- Part Iii, Chapter XIX. Former Discussions of the Subject.
- Part Iii, Chapter Xx Simple Reproduction.
- Chapter XXI. Accumulation and Reproduction On an Enlarged Scale.
- IV. Concluding Remarks.