American Society of 18th Century Studies, Portland OR, March 27-30, 2008
In March 2008 we will be attending the annual meeting of the American Society for 18th Century Studies in Portland, Oregon. The OLL and Liberty Fund have a strong interest in the 18th century as the following items indicate. We have significant holdings in the following areas:
Liberty Fund is particularly pleased to be able to offer online special collections of significant scholarly value. This includes the following works:
- the Natural Law and Enlightenment Series - a 40 volume collection of the most significant works on natural law, moral and political philosophy, and social theory from the late 17th and 18th centuries by authors such as Grotius, John Millar, Francis Hutcheson, Burlamaqui, Lord Kames, Pierre, Bayle, Samuel Pufendorf, and George Turnbull.
- The Glasgow Edition of the Works and Correspondence of Adam Smith (7 vols.)
- The Select Works of Edmund Burke and other Writings (5 vols.)
- David Hume’s History of England (6 vols.)
- The Works of Thomas Jefferson (12 vols.)
- The Works of Alexander Hamilton (12 vols.)
- The Complete Works of Montesquieu (4 vols.)
- The Writings of Thomas Paine (4 vols.)
- The Political Writings of Rousseau (2 vols.)
- Shaftesbury, Characteristicks of Men, Manners, and Opinions (3 vols.)
- Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (12 vols.)
See our flyer for the event in PDF (140 KB) or JPG - page 1 - page 2.