Related External Links:
Liberty Fund, Inc. is a private, educational foundation established
to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and
responsible individuals. It was founded in 1960 thus making 2010 its 50th
Anniversary Year. In celebration of this, a number of conferences and other
events have been organized for 2010.
The Foundation develops, supervises, and
finances its own educational activities to foster thought and
encourage discourse on enduring intellectual issues pertaining to
liberty. This is done through the implementation of different programs:
- Each year, Liberty Fund conducts over 150 conferences throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
- Liberty Fund publishes about 10 - often classic - books each year. There is an online catalog where these books can be ordered.
- Liberty Fund has produced video and audio tapes including The
Intellectual Portrait Series of videotapes and DVDs which records
conversations with some of the most significant thinkers of our
These programs focus on the place individual
liberty has in an intellectual heritage evident from ancient times
and continuing through our own times. The programs are intended to enrich
understanding and appreciation of the complex nature of a society
of free and responsible individuals and to contribute to its
Liberty Fund sponsors the following websites:
- Liberty Fund's main website
- LF online catalog
- Goodrich Seminar Room Virtual Tour
- Library of Economics and Liberty
a tax-exempt, private operating foundation, Liberty Fund's purposes are
educational. It does not, therefore, engage in political action of any
kind. It fulfills its mission by conducting programs, not by awarding
grants to outside organizations or individuals.